Merit Medical Completes Acquisition of Thomas Medical Products
Merit Medical Systems has announced it has completed its acquisition of Thomas Medical Products for approximately $167 million, according to a news release.
Thomas Medical, a unit of GE Healthcare based in Malvern, Pa., designs and manufactures catheter-based vascular access delivery devices for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in electrophysiology, cardiac rhythm management, interventional cardiology and interventional radiology applications.
"The acquisition of Thomas Medical Products adds significant technology and sales base to our cardiology business," said Fred P. Lampropoulos, Merit's chairman and CEO, in the release. "Additionally, Thomas Medical adds substantial breadth to our existing OEM business which is approaching $100 million in annual revenues."
Thomas Medical will now operate as Merit Medical Systems, Malvern Division.
Merit Medical Systems, a manufacturer and marketer of disposable devices used primarily in cardiology, radiology and endoscopy, is headquartered in South Jordan, Utah.
Related Articles on Company Acquisitions:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
8 Strategies for Better Inventory ManagementRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers