Merit Medical Completes Acquisition of Thomas Medical Products
Merit Medical Systems has announced it has completed its acquisition of Thomas Medical Products for approximately $167 million, according to a news release.
Thomas Medical, a unit of GE Healthcare based in Malvern, Pa., designs and manufactures catheter-based vascular access delivery devices for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in electrophysiology, cardiac rhythm management, interventional cardiology and interventional radiology applications.
"The acquisition of Thomas Medical Products adds significant technology and sales base to our cardiology business," said Fred P. Lampropoulos, Merit's chairman and CEO, in the release. "Additionally, Thomas Medical adds substantial breadth to our existing OEM business which is approaching $100 million in annual revenues."
Thomas Medical will now operate as Merit Medical Systems, Malvern Division.
Merit Medical Systems, a manufacturer and marketer of disposable devices used primarily in cardiology, radiology and endoscopy, is headquartered in South Jordan, Utah.
Related Articles on Company Acquisitions:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- The Future of ACOs for Anesthesiologists
- Healthcare Exchange Traded Funds See Biggest Boom in Years
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Off-Label Use Information Dissemination
- Surgical Care Affiliates President & CEO Andrew Hayek Among 2014 Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies