Kinetic Concepts Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for Wound Therapy System
Kinetic Concepts has announced it has received FDA 510(k) clearance for its Vacuum Assisted Closure (VAC) therapy system for the management of closed surgical incisions, according to a news release.
This is a new indication for the VAC system. It is intended to allow surgeons to treat longer incisions by customizing the dressing, according to the company.
"This new indication will allow more surgeons to provide their patients with the known benefits of VAC therapy for the management of their closed surgical incisions," said Ron Silverman, MD, chief medical officer for Kinetic Concepts, in the release.
Kinetic Concepts is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas.
Related Articles on FDA Clearances:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition