Ivera Medical Receives FDA Clearance for Disinfection Device
Ivera Medical Corp. has announced it has received FDA clearance for its Curos Tips, according to a news release.
Curos Tips are designed to disinfect male luer connectors used in the administration of intravenous medication therapy. The device can be used with male luer connections on IV access devices including IV tubing and syringes.
"We are pleased to receive clearance from the FDA to market Curos Tips to healthcare providers seeking affordable tools which standardize and promote safer disinfection practices," said Bob Rogers, president of Ivera Medical, in the release. "Despite the known risks, unsafe practices do occur such as 'looping' the exposed end of IV tubing to a port on the same line and reusing sterile caps on syringes between medication pushes. Curos Tips provide a solution that makes it easier for time-strapped clinicians to do the right thing."
Ivera Medical Corp. is headquartered in San Diego.
Related Articles on FDA Clearances:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 15 Statistics on Accounts & Cases in Orthopedic-Driven ASCs
- 6 Proposed Legislative Changes Impacting Surgery Centers & Clinics
- Surgery Center of Fairfield County Opens in New Connecticut Location
- PENTAX Medical, Hitachi-Aloka Medical Continue Partnership to Pursue Endoscopic Ultrasound Systems Development
- 8 Recent GI-Driven Centers & Expansions