IRIDEX Receives FDA Clearance for New Laser Delivery System
IRIDEX Corp. has announced it has received FDA clearance of a new laser delivery system, according to a news release (pdf).
The TxCell scanning laser delivery system is intended to save time in a variety of laser photocoagulation procedures by allowing physicians to deliver the laser in a multi-spot scanning mode, according to the company.
"Broadening market acceptance for medical technologies typically involves effective clinical results, ease of use for the physicians and more efficient use of time. TxCell can deliver all three benefits and is an important step in accelerating the adoption of our proprietary MicroPulse technology as it applies to several clinical procedures," said Will Moore, IRIDEX president and CEO, in the release.
IRIDEX also announced the TxCell received CE clearance.
IRIDEX Corp. is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif.
Related Articles on FDA Clearances:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition