IRIDEX Receives FDA Clearance for New Laser Delivery System
IRIDEX Corp. has announced it has received FDA clearance of a new laser delivery system, according to a news release (pdf).
The TxCell scanning laser delivery system is intended to save time in a variety of laser photocoagulation procedures by allowing physicians to deliver the laser in a multi-spot scanning mode, according to the company.
"Broadening market acceptance for medical technologies typically involves effective clinical results, ease of use for the physicians and more efficient use of time. TxCell can deliver all three benefits and is an important step in accelerating the adoption of our proprietary MicroPulse technology as it applies to several clinical procedures," said Will Moore, IRIDEX president and CEO, in the release.
IRIDEX also announced the TxCell received CE clearance.
IRIDEX Corp. is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif.
Related Articles on FDA Clearances:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Supply Chain Industry Leader to Know: Steve Clareen of DePuy Synthes SelectRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers