Holmed Corp. Introduces Line of Disposable Torque Limiters, 'Ball and Cam' Technology
Holmed Corp. has announced the release of a new line of disposable, "one per case" torque limiters and new "ball and cam" technology, according to a press release (pdf).
The disposable torque limiters are designed to accommodate existing handles and driver bits
The company's ball and cam technology for reusable torque instruments is intended to provide longer and better performance compared to traditional spring and ratchet torque mechanisms, according to the release.
The products will be debuted at the upcoming AANS Scientific Meeting in Miami.
"Holmed has traditionally been supplying OEM surgical instrument customers with quality reusable instrumentation and will continue to do so, and is committed to satisfying today's evolving surgical needs," said Chris Zorn, marketing director, in the release. "With the development of the ball and cam technology in our traditional reusable lines, and now the extension into the disposable products, our torque solution portfolio has really grown."
Learn more about Holmed Corp.
Related Articles on New Technology:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- How to Drive GI Center Growth Post Healthcare Reform: Q&A With Dr. Mark Noar
- Anesthesia Touch V4 Receives 2014 ONC-ACB EHR Certification by Drummond Group
- Top 10 Most-Read Patient Safety Tools Dec. 2-6, 2013
- Global Anesthesia Devices Market to Reach $8.1B by 2014
- FUJIFILM Medical Systems Showcases New Breast Imaging Workstation