Holmed Corp. Introduces Line of Disposable Rod Deburrers
Holmed Corp. has announced the release of a new line of disposable, "one per case" rod deburrers, according to a news release (pdf).
The drill- and reamer-powered rod deburrers are designed to withstand the cobalt chrome alloys increasingly being used in spinal cases, according to the release. They work with a wide range of speeds and torques available in existing drill/reamer systems.
The products will be debuted at the upcoming AANS Scientific Meeting in Miami.
"The evolution of new and tougher materials used in spine surgeries requires tougher tools and instruments," said Russell P. Holmes, president of Holmed, in the release. "Given our engineering capabilities and expertise in rod manipulating instruments, we are answering our customer's needs for a disposable product that effectively deals with these tough materials."
Holmed recently announced a new line of disposable, "one per case" torque limiters and new "ball and cam" technolog, which will also be debuted at the AANS meeting.
Learn more about Holmed Corp.
Related Articles on New Technology:Intronix Technologies' EMG-Guided Injection System Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 8 Emerging Business Issues in Spine Surgery
- Rezin Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Adds Dr. Mir Ali to Medical Staff
- Using Clinical Outcomes to Drive Pain Management Profits
- 5 Ways Spine Cases Can Improve Profitability in Poorly Performing Surgery Centers
- Greenwich Hospital Names Dr. Steven Hindman Director of Orthopedic Surgery