Ethicon Initiates Recall of Select Surgiflo Hemostatic Kits
Ethicon has initiated a recall of select Surgiflo hemostatic kits due to a packing issue, according to an FDA Safety Alert.
There is issue within the packing process where a cut could potentially breach the pouch of the packaging.
The recalled products (Surgiflo Hemostatic Matrix and Surgiflo Hemostatic Matrix Kit Plus FlexTip with Thrombin) were manufactured from Sept. 16, 2011 through July 27, 2012 and distributed from Sept. 29, 2011 through Aug. 7, 2012.
Ethicon sent an "Urgent Product Information" letter dated Aug. 21, 2012, to all affected customers. The letter identified the product, the problem and the action to be taken by the customer. Ethicon instructed customers to inspect their inventory to determine if they have any of the affected products.
Related Articles on Recalls:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 4 Leadership Lessons From One of Healthcare's Most Powerful Women
- Dr. Frank Gerratana Wins 2013 Orthopaedist of the Year Award by The Connecticut Orthopaedic Society
- Dr. Joseph Barmakian Earns Physician Excellence Award for Orthopedics
- The Pain Center of Arizona Receives Phoenix Award From U.S. Commerce Association
- AbbVie, Galapagos Partner to Test Possible Chrohn's Disease Drug