Easy Inventory Management: 5 Key Components
article published on Entrepreneur discusses the most important steps for "painless" inventory management.
CEO of online integrative pharmacy Village Green Apothecary CEO Marc Isaacson lays out the fives steps for small business inventory management.
1. Don't order too much inventory — order what you need based on what you've sold in the past few months.
2. Inaccurate tracking — use electronic programs.
3. Lack of priorities — focus on items that matter most, usually the 20 percent of items that incur 80 percent of demand.
4. Upgrade from spreadsheets — spreadsheets can create difficulties so use packaged inventory software.
5. Make a back up plan — consider worst-case scenario and back up all the data.
More Articles on Practice Management:
Selling a Medical Practice to a Hospital: 5 Advantages
5 Tips to Enhance Staff Productivity
6 Ways to Avoid Pitfalls of Personnel Management
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
ACell Signs National Purchasing Agreement With NovationRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers