Custom Spine Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for Securis Cannulated Screw System
Custom Spine has announced it has received FDA 510(k) clearance for its Securis cannulated pedicle screw system, according to a news release.
The system is Custom Spine's first entry into the minimally invasive spine market.
The Securis cannulated screw system features a chromium-cobalt rod and advanced instrumentation, according to the company.
"Custom Spine is excited about this upcoming release of the first of many minimally invasive solutions for spine surgeons," said Mahmoud Abdelgany, president of Custom Spine, in the release. "The FDA clearance of Securis represents the successful completion of another milestone for the company and supports our future growth plans."
Related Articles on Minimally Invasive Spine:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Bringing Higher Acuity Cases Into ASCs: What is Making this Possible?Read Now
- Online Pre-Admission: Using Cloud-Based Technology to Maximize Productivity and Convenience
- ASC infection prevention for soft surface fabrics: Establishing a new standard of care
- 25 highest-paid physician specialties
- OR optimization: How does instrumentation fit in?
- Self-auditing in healthcare business offices: 3 tips