Custom Spine Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for Securis Cannulated Screw System
Custom Spine has announced it has received FDA 510(k) clearance for its Securis cannulated pedicle screw system, according to a news release.
The system is Custom Spine's first entry into the minimally invasive spine market.
The Securis cannulated screw system features a chromium-cobalt rod and advanced instrumentation, according to the company.
"Custom Spine is excited about this upcoming release of the first of many minimally invasive solutions for spine surgeons," said Mahmoud Abdelgany, president of Custom Spine, in the release. "The FDA clearance of Securis represents the successful completion of another milestone for the company and supports our future growth plans."
Related Articles on Minimally Invasive Spine:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
8 Strategies for Better Inventory ManagementRead Now
- 7 Statistics on Physician Pay by Practice Setting
- Cook Medical Launches Instinct Endoscopic Hemoclip
- Logan Regional Medical Center Opens New Endoscopy Unit
- Sheridan Healthcare Announces Winner of Scholarship for Anesthesiologist Assistant Students
- Founder of URMC's Anesthesiology Department Dr. Alastair Gillies Dies