Covidien Receives FDA Clearance for Bedside Respiratory Patient Monitoring System
Covidien has announced it has received FDA clearance and CE Mark approval for its bedside respiratory patient monitoring system, according to a news release.
The company says the Nellcor system is designed to provide continuous monitoring of blood oxygenation, pulse rate and trend data. It will be available in the United States and throughout the EEA in the next few months.
"We are pleased to announce clearance to market the Nellcor Bedside Respiratory Patient Monitoring system in the United States and the European Economic Area," said Robert J. White, president, respiratory and monitoring solutions, for Covidien. "With this addition, we now offer an updated portfolio of industry-leading bedside monitoring solutions that meet unique care needs in both high- and low-acuity settings, thus enhancing patient safety in hospitals throughout the world."
Features of the new system include a color touch-screen graphical user interface and a variety of wired and wireless connectivity options.
Covidien has its U.S. headquarters in Mansfield, Mass.
Related Articles on FDA Clearances:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About