Coloplast Launches Single Incision Sling System
Coloplast has announced the launch of a new single incision sling system, according to a news release.
The Altis single incision sling system is intended for use during urology and gynecology procedures. Coloplast received FDA clearance for Altis on Nov. 5.
Altis is intended to provide physicians with an adjustability mechanism during implantation and an introducer designed for repeatable anchor placement.
"Listening and responding — to physicians and their patients' needs — is at the heart of Coloplast," said Eric Halvorson, global VP of surgical urology for Coloplast US, in the release. "It is how we deliver a variety of solutions to physicians to use in their treatment of the intimate health care needs of their patients. Altis is a great example of the innovation enabled by ongoing dialogue; a sling that accommodates individual patient anatomy, provides easier implantation and delivers optimal urethral support."
Coloplast is headquartered in Denmark, with its U.S. headquarters in Minneapolis.
Related Articles on New Technology:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About