Coloplast Launches Single Incision Sling System
Coloplast has announced the launch of a new single incision sling system, according to a news release.
The Altis single incision sling system is intended for use during urology and gynecology procedures. Coloplast received FDA clearance for Altis on Nov. 5.
Altis is intended to provide physicians with an adjustability mechanism during implantation and an introducer designed for repeatable anchor placement.
"Listening and responding — to physicians and their patients' needs — is at the heart of Coloplast," said Eric Halvorson, global VP of surgical urology for Coloplast US, in the release. "It is how we deliver a variety of solutions to physicians to use in their treatment of the intimate health care needs of their patients. Altis is a great example of the innovation enabled by ongoing dialogue; a sling that accommodates individual patient anatomy, provides easier implantation and delivers optimal urethral support."
Coloplast is headquartered in Denmark, with its U.S. headquarters in Minneapolis.
Related Articles on New Technology:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition