Cleveland Clinic, VHA Form Joint Venture
Cleveland Clinic and healthcare supply chain network VHA have established a limited liability company together in a joint venture that will establish a "strategic sourcing model."
A news release by VHA, which serves non-profit hospitals and is based in Irving, Texas, said the project will combine its analytics prowess and contracting company, Novation, with Cleveland Clinic's integrated clinical sourcing to design a "value-based sourcing" model.
The partners expect this will lower and clarify supply and operating costs and allow health systems to better integrate with physicians.
More Articles on Supply Chain:Stanmore Receives FDA Clearance for Robotic Partial Knee Surgery
Zimmer Must Pay Stryker $70M for Patent Infringement
Hospitals Join Opposition to Medical Device Tax Introduced by Healthcare Reform
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers