CareFusion Reaches Agreement With Epic on Infusion Pump Interoperability
CareFusion has announced it has reached an agreement with Epic to make bi-directional connectivity available between CareFusion's Alaris system and Epic's electronic medical record platform, according to a news release.
The companies plan to develop bi-directional capabilities to allow for remote pre-population of infusion orders from the EMR to the Alaris system.
"In the evolving healthcare landscape, interoperability between devices and information systems is among our customers' most critical priorities," said J.C. Kyrillos, senior vice president and general manager of CareFusion's infusion systems business, in the release. "This agreement with Epic builds on recent progress we have made across CareFusion to improve device interoperability and represents yet another way CareFusion helps hospitals bridge the gap between medical devices and HIT systems."
Related Articles on Company Partnerships:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Study: Romney's Healthcare Reform Law Did Not Increase Hospital Use, Costs
- Value-Based Physician Compensation: How 2 Organizations Are Navigating It
- 100 Leaders of Great Hospitals in America
- 12 Statistics on ASC Administrator Salaries
- UnityPoint Health — Trinity Bettendorf to Open Pain Management Center