Cantel Medical Acquires SPSmedical Supply Corp. for $32.5M
Cantel Medical Corp. has announced it has acquired SPSmedical Supply Corp. for $32.5 million in cash, according to a news release.
Cantel purchased Rochester, N.Y.-based SPSmedical through its Crosstex International subsidiary.
SPSmedical is a manufacturer and provider of biological and chemical indicators for sterility assurance monitoring services.
"As a leading provider of sterility assurance monitoring services and products to the acute-care and alternate-care markets, SPSmedical is the perfect complement to our ConFirm brand biological monitoring business," said Gary Steinberg, president and CEO of Crosstex, in the release. "SPS is recognized as an expert in instrument sterilization and reprocessing protocols, and is a highly respected provider of education programs, personnel training and healthcare facility audit services. SPS is a strong platform from which Crosstex can expand its global presence as a leader in healthcare infection prevention and control."
Crosstex International is headquartered in Hauppauge, N.Y. Cantel Medical Corp. is headquartered in Little Falls, N.J.
Related Articles on Company Acquisitions:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Transforming the OR Process: Instrumentation Makes a DifferenceRead Now
- 4 Tips for ASCs to Select a Business Analytics System and Streamline Collections
- Business Advisor Relationships: 4 Common Mistakes ASCs Make
- Corporate Compliance Committees: Why Healthcare Facilities Need One
- PriorityOne Launches New Corporate Identity, Moves to Bigger Office
- Online Preoperative Screening Advantages: Q&A With Ambulatory Surgical Center of Stevens Point's Becky Ziegler-Otis