Amerinet Receives 2012 Award for Contributions to Environmentally Responsible Healthcare
Amerinet, a national group purchasing organization, has announced it has been named a recipient of the Champion for Change Award by Practice Greenhealth for contributions to environmentally responsible healthcare in 2011, according to a news release.
The Champion for Change Award is an award given by Practice Greenhealth, an organization for institutions in the healthcare community making commitment to sustainable, eco-friendly practices, to organizations for supplying healthcare products and services considerate of the earth and its resources.
"Amerinet recognizes the importance of sustainability in the healthcare supply chain, taking the lead in supporting environmentally preferable purchasing by offering educational resources and green purchasing options," said Todd Ebert, Amerinet president and CEO, in the release. "We are also proud to support organizations such as Practice Greenhealth, who provide consulting services on environmental topics and work with us on strategies to expand sustainability."
Amerinet's environmental successes for 2011 include the launch of the Amerinet Choice Energy Solutions and collaborating on the development of, and endorsing, the Standardized Environmental Questions for Medical Products (Version 1.0).
Related Articles on Amerinet:Amerinet Partners With MPM Medical for Pain Management Products
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers