ActiViews Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance of CT-Guide Needle Guidance System for Liver Interventions
ActiViews has announced it has received FDA 510(k) clearance to market its CT-Guide needle guidance system for liver interventions, according to a news release.
CT-Guide navigation is designed to assist physicians during CT-guided interventional diagnostic and therapeutic procedures such as percutaneous biopsies, ablations and marker placements in the lung and liver, according to the release.
"With today's announcement, ActiViews further cements our commitment to become a leading provider of minimally invasive thoracic and abdominal surgical oncology solutions," said Christopher von Jako, president of ActiViews, in the release. "With now our second successful clinical trial for the FDA with CT-Guide navigation, we are able to offer our customers an expanded indication from lung into liver and further clinical evidence of the efficacy of our unique and simple tool in these critical applications."
ActiViews is based out of Wakefield, Mass.
Related Articles on FDA Clearances:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
4 GI/Endoscopy Devices Receive FDA 510(k) Clearance in MarchRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers