Acclarent Recalls Inspira AIR Balloon Dilation System
FDA has announced Acclarent has initiated a recall of its Inspira AIR Balloon Dilation System, size 18x40mm, product code BC1840A, manufactured between March 2011 and June 2011, according to an FDA recall notice.
The system is an airway balloon catheter intended to dilate and restore airflow to a patient's airways.
Acclarent initiated the recall in late January after the company identified the potential for the balloon to not deflate or to deflate slowly, which could result in airway obstruction until the balloon is deflated or removed.
Acclarent recommends customers immediately discontinue use of the Inspira AIR Balloon Dilation System, size 18X40mm (Product Code BC1840A).
Customers with questions about the recall can contact Acclarent at (866) 781-1173.
Related Articles on Product Recalls:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers