5 Recent Articles on ASC Supplies & Management
1. Jean Skora, materials manager at The Surgery Center of Pinehurst (N.C.), discussed important tasks that can be included in a surgery center's supply chain checklist as well as commonly overlooked aspects of supply chain management.
2. Medline, a healthcare products manufacturer and distributor to more than 350,000 hospitals, extended care facilities, surgery centers, physician offices, home care agencies and providers and retailers, acquired Amendia's anterior cervical fusion distraction pin business.
3. Becker's ASC Review highlighted five ASC supplies to know, including ConforMIS' iUni G2 Device and DePuy Synthes Select's Compact Ankle Fracture System.
4. Four gastroenterology/endoscopy devices received FDA 510(k) clearance in March that can be used in ASCs.
5. Amanda Frith, senior director of field operations for supply chain at Surgical Care Affiliates; Joshua Billstein, a board member of the Washington Ambulatory Surgery Association and practice manager at The Polyclinic in Seattle; and Mike Lipomi, president and CEO of Surgical Management Professionals discussed supply standardization and how to achieve physician buy-in.
More Articles on Supply Chain:Pharma Companies in the News: 8 Stories
Dräger Recalls Ventilator Power Supply Unit for Evita, Babylog Ventilators
Steris to Acquire Integrated Medical Systems for $165M
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review