What qualities do patients want in their providers?
- Listens and/or is attentive — 18 percent
- Accuracy of diagnosis/competence — 11 percent
- Caring attitude — 8 percent
- Good bedside manner/relationship with parents — 8 percent
- Knowledgeable — 8 percent
- Positive personality traits — 7 percent
- Spends time with patients — 5 percent
- Other — 5 percent
- Good communication skills — 5 percent
- Accessible — 5 percent
- Thorough attention to detail — 4 percent
- Education/training — 4 percent
- Experience — 3 percent
- Office environment — 2 percent
- Medical values/philosophy — 2 percent
- Puts patients first —1 percent
- Affordable — 1 percent
- Accepts my insurance — less than 1 percent
More articles on quality:
Sentinel alert: ISO tubing standards
10 patient safety tools for the ASC setting
Patient safety tool: Guide to partnering with family caregivers
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Republicans pull AHCA: 7 key notes
- The out-of-network co-pay conundrum – To waive or not to waive ... And how?
- Mobile apps equally effective as in-person visit following ambulatory surgery: 4 things to know
- Ambulatory services market to increase at 6% CAGR through 2024: 5 notes
- Dr. Cheryl Pegus: 5 strategies to becoming a physician leader