Study: 5-Variable Score Predicts Response to C. Diff Therapy
Researchers assessed the correlation of clinical and laboratory variables measured at the time of CDI diagnosis with CDI patients' treatment response. A combination of five factors had the best discrimination and correlation with cure. The five-part ATLAS score includes the following:
• Treatment with systemic antibiotics
• Leukocyte count
• Serum creatinine as a measure of renal function
The ATLAS score effectively separated patients into 11 groups by their likely treatment outcome.
More Articles on Infection Control:Study: Cancer Surgery Patients' Infection Rates Rose, Death Rates Fell
Study: Infection Prevention Bundle Tied to Greater Drop in Infections
3 Strategies to Implement Urinary Tract Infection Prevention Program
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 8 statistics on NP, PA salary and satisfaction
- 4 strategies for ASC leaders to successfully lead a team
- UnitedHealth Group pushes back expiration date on SCA offer exchange; Medical Facilities Corp. increases surgical volume by 7.6% in FY 2016 & more — 5 notes
- Nurse leadership primer: 20 key points on finding, supporting & being a great nurse leader
- GI leader to know: Dr. Brett Thorpe of Provo Gastroenterology