Study: 5-Variable Score Predicts Response to C. Diff Therapy
Researchers assessed the correlation of clinical and laboratory variables measured at the time of CDI diagnosis with CDI patients' treatment response. A combination of five factors had the best discrimination and correlation with cure. The five-part ATLAS score includes the following:
• Treatment with systemic antibiotics
• Leukocyte count
• Serum creatinine as a measure of renal function
The ATLAS score effectively separated patients into 11 groups by their likely treatment outcome.
More Articles on Infection Control:Study: Cancer Surgery Patients' Infection Rates Rose, Death Rates Fell
Study: Infection Prevention Bundle Tied to Greater Drop in Infections
3 Strategies to Implement Urinary Tract Infection Prevention Program
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- The shift from grouper to APC reimbursement: Advice for ASCs and HOPDs
- International Association of HealthCare Professionals adds Dr. Robert Reveille: 3 things to know
- Diagnostic colonoscopy cost in Australia, South Africa, US & more: 7 notes
- Propofol as effective as traditional anesthesia in GI/endoscopy procedures: 4 key insights
- Bothwell Regional Health Center adds Dr. Jared Engles: 3 things to know