Study: 5-Variable Score Predicts Response to C. Diff Therapy
BMC Infectious Diseases.
Researchers assessed the correlation of clinical and laboratory variables measured at the time of CDI diagnosis with CDI patients' treatment response. A combination of five factors had the best discrimination and correlation with cure. The five-part ATLAS score includes the following:
• Treatment with systemic antibiotics
• Leukocyte count
• Serum creatinine as a measure of renal function
The ATLAS score effectively separated patients into 11 groups by their likely treatment outcome.
More Articles on Infection Control:Study: Cancer Surgery Patients' Infection Rates Rose, Death Rates Fell
Study: Infection Prevention Bundle Tied to Greater Drop in Infections
3 Strategies to Implement Urinary Tract Infection Prevention Program
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
ASC QI project success: The 4 'E's that drive process standardizationRead Now
- 10 common mistakes when hiring
- Surgery centers offer tours to 60 new members of Congress
- Cyber Monday: 10 steps to protect yourself from security risks
- ASA, Society for Pediatric Anesthesia send FDA letter on anesthetics use for children
- Study: Aspirin tablets reduce colorectal tumour recurrence in Asian population