Study: 5-Variable Score Predicts Response to C. Diff Therapy
BMC Infectious Diseases.
Researchers assessed the correlation of clinical and laboratory variables measured at the time of CDI diagnosis with CDI patients' treatment response. A combination of five factors had the best discrimination and correlation with cure. The five-part ATLAS score includes the following:
• Treatment with systemic antibiotics
• Leukocyte count
• Serum creatinine as a measure of renal function
The ATLAS score effectively separated patients into 11 groups by their likely treatment outcome.
More Articles on Infection Control:Study: Cancer Surgery Patients' Infection Rates Rose, Death Rates Fell
Study: Infection Prevention Bundle Tied to Greater Drop in Infections
3 Strategies to Implement Urinary Tract Infection Prevention Program
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About