Study: 5-Variable Score Predicts Response to C. Diff Therapy
BMC Infectious Diseases.
Researchers assessed the correlation of clinical and laboratory variables measured at the time of CDI diagnosis with CDI patients' treatment response. A combination of five factors had the best discrimination and correlation with cure. The five-part ATLAS score includes the following:
• Treatment with systemic antibiotics
• Leukocyte count
• Serum creatinine as a measure of renal function
The ATLAS score effectively separated patients into 11 groups by their likely treatment outcome.
More Articles on Infection Control:Study: Cancer Surgery Patients' Infection Rates Rose, Death Rates Fell
Study: Infection Prevention Bundle Tied to Greater Drop in Infections
3 Strategies to Implement Urinary Tract Infection Prevention Program
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
ASC nightmare: Wrong-site surgery & what to do about itRead Now
- 18 statistics on podiatry revenue per case at ASCs
- Changing Perspectives: One Gatronenterologist's Switch to a Different Brand of Endoscope
- 5 fresh ideas for differentiating your ASC
- 5 recent ASC industry acquisitions
- Physician employment vs. private practice: 14 statistics on pay, satisfaction & more