Staff Safety Tool: Preventing Needlestick Injuries Checklist
The American Nurses Association provides a free, downloadable checklist poster to help healthcare workers prevent needlestick injuries.
The checklist provides 16 steps to take prior to a procedure using sharps, during the procedure and post-procedure.
Download the ANA's preventing needlestick injuries checklist (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 175 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Preventing Needlesticks:Nurses, Physicians Suffer Over 8K Needlestick Injuries Annually
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
Virginia physicians receive $1.2M in bonuses from UnitedHealthcare for patient service: 5 key pointsRead Now
- Energy management revenue for healthcare markets expected to hit $2.2B by 2024: 5 key points
- 5 notes about Randy Rutledge joining ICF International
- Medicare deaths, costs and hospitalizations down: 5 key notes
- Alliance seeking to repeal 'Cadillac' tax: 5 things to know
- 5 things to know about 'leaky' vaccines strengthening viruses