Staff Safety Tool: Preventing Needlestick Injuries Checklist
The American Nurses Association provides a free, downloadable checklist poster to help healthcare workers prevent needlestick injuries.
The checklist provides 16 steps to take prior to a procedure using sharps, during the procedure and post-procedure.
Download the ANA's preventing needlestick injuries checklist (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 175 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Preventing Needlesticks:Nurses, Physicians Suffer Over 8K Needlestick Injuries Annually
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- GI leader to know: Dr. Paramvir Rahal of the Institute of Advanced Gastroenterology
- SurgCenter Development ASCs perform almost 7k joint replacements in 2016; NY Department of Health approves Frontier, Liberty Endoscopy Center's ASC plans & more — 5 ASC company notes
- Participants race to increase colon cancer awareness during 2017 Greater Chattanooga Rump Run 5K and Fun Walk: 4 takeaways
- US woman dies from superbug resistant to 26 antibiotics — 8 things to know
- Healthcare nanotechnology market to grow at a CAGR above 12% till 2024