Staff Safety Tool: Preventing Needlestick Injuries Checklist
The American Nurses Association provides a free, downloadable checklist poster to help healthcare workers prevent needlestick injuries.
The checklist provides 16 steps to take prior to a procedure using sharps, during the procedure and post-procedure.
Download the ANA's preventing needlestick injuries checklist (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 175 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Preventing Needlesticks:Nurses, Physicians Suffer Over 8K Needlestick Injuries Annually
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Republicans pull AHCA: 7 key notes
- The out-of-network co-pay conundrum – To waive or not to waive ... And how?
- Mobile apps equally effective as in-person visit following ambulatory surgery: 4 things to know
- Ambulatory services market to increase at 6% CAGR through 2024: 5 notes
- Dr. Cheryl Pegus: 5 strategies to becoming a physician leader