Staff Safety Tool: Preventing Needlestick Injuries Checklist
The American Nurses Association provides a free, downloadable checklist poster to help healthcare workers prevent needlestick injuries.
The checklist provides 16 steps to take prior to a procedure using sharps, during the procedure and post-procedure.
Download the ANA's preventing needlestick injuries checklist (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 175 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Preventing Needlesticks:Nurses, Physicians Suffer Over 8K Needlestick Injuries Annually
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 5 healthcare technology trends taking center stage in 2017
- GI leader to know: Dr. Kumar Gutta of Gastroenterology Associates of North Texas
- Southeastern Interventional Pain Associates accredited by AAAHC: 3 things to know
- Sentara BelleHarbour building new ASC — Groundbreaking expected in March 2017
- AxisPoint Health named a top healthcare solution provider of the year: 3 things to know