Staff Safety Tool: Preventing Needlestick Injuries Checklist
The American Nurses Association provides a free, downloadable checklist poster to help healthcare workers prevent needlestick injuries.
The checklist provides 16 steps to take prior to a procedure using sharps, during the procedure and post-procedure.
Download the ANA's preventing needlestick injuries checklist (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 175 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Preventing Needlesticks:Nurses, Physicians Suffer Over 8K Needlestick Injuries Annually
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
Dr. Sandra K. Hanneman joins PPAH's advisory board: 3 things to knowRead Now
- Immunotherapy may extend pancreatic cancer patient survival: 6 key notes
- WAMC Gastrointestinal Endoscopy unit receives recognition for excellence: 5 key notes
- Woman wins $1.5M in verdict after Bloomsburg University Nurse Anesthesia Program dismissal
- 4 things to know about rising rates of chlorine-resistant parasite
- Drew Memorial Hospital discuss plans for new surgery center project: 5 key notes