Staff Education Tool: Use Sharps With Safety Features Poster
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers a free, downloadable poster intended to encourage staff members to use sharps with safety features.
The poster illustrates two columns of sharp devices, one with sharps and one without. The poster also offers three tips for protection against injuries from sharps, including proper preparation, awareness and proper disposal.
Download the sharps safety poster (PDF) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Sharps Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
CDC Releases Safe Injection VideosRead Now
- 4 Tips for ASCs to Select a Business Analytics System and Streamline Collections
- Business Advisor Relationships: 4 Common Mistakes ASCs Make
- Corporate Compliance Committees: Why Healthcare Facilities Need One
- PriorityOne Launches New Corporate Identity, Moves to Bigger Office
- Online Preoperative Screening Advantages: Q&A With Ambulatory Surgical Center of Stevens Point's Becky Ziegler-Otis