Staff Education Tool: Safe Patient Handling Tip Sheet
The American Nurses Association provides a free tip sheet on safe patient handling.
The tip sheet aims to address the question of, "How can you institute a safe patient handling and movement program in your facility?"
It provides 11 tips (with accompanying explanations), including the following:
- Create an ergonomics committee
- Assess risky patient handling tasks
- Research, evaluate, select, pilot and institute patient handling equipment and devices
- Track patient and worker injuries
View the safe patient handling tip sheet (webpage) and follow the tips in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 175 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Handling:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- CDC chief fears deadly Candida auris could spread: 6 notes
- Survey says 33% of providers using telehealth services
- Payer group advocates for continuing cost sharing reductions — 4 key notes
- The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety adds associate editors
- Northwest Ohio Orthopedics & Sports Medicine opening surgery center: 4 key notes