Staff Education Tool: Safe Patient Handling Tip Sheet
The American Nurses Association provides a free tip sheet on safe patient handling.
The tip sheet aims to address the question of, "How can you institute a safe patient handling and movement program in your facility?"
It provides 11 tips (with accompanying explanations), including the following:
- Create an ergonomics committee
- Assess risky patient handling tasks
- Research, evaluate, select, pilot and institute patient handling equipment and devices
- Track patient and worker injuries
View the safe patient handling tip sheet (webpage) and follow the tips in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 175 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Handling:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Innovation in GI: Advances in gastroenterology technology & technique
- A game changer for GI — Dr. Anthony Starpoli on how the TIF procedure can control regurgitation
- How to create a strategic partnership with a hospital
- 9 states with the highest & lowest physician salaries
- Frenetic consolidation: The anesthesia market today & where ASCs fit in