Staff Education Tool: Safe Patient Handling Tip Sheet
The American Nurses Association provides a free tip sheet on safe patient handling.
The tip sheet aims to address the question of, "How can you institute a safe patient handling and movement program in your facility?"
It provides 11 tips (with accompanying explanations), including the following:
- Create an ergonomics committee
- Assess risky patient handling tasks
- Research, evaluate, select, pilot and institute patient handling equipment and devices
- Track patient and worker injuries
View the safe patient handling tip sheet (webpage) and follow the tips in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 175 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Handling:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
ASCA Encourages AHRQ ASC Patient Safety Program ParticipationRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers