Staff Education Tool: Safe Patient Handling Tip Sheet
The American Nurses Association provides a free tip sheet on safe patient handling.
The tip sheet aims to address the question of, "How can you institute a safe patient handling and movement program in your facility?"
It provides 11 tips (with accompanying explanations), including the following:
- Create an ergonomics committee
- Assess risky patient handling tasks
- Research, evaluate, select, pilot and institute patient handling equipment and devices
- Track patient and worker injuries
View the safe patient handling tip sheet (webpage) and follow the tips in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 175 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Handling:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers