Staff Education Tool: Cleaning, Disinfection and Sterilization Policy and Procedures
The Oregon Patient Safety Commission offers a free, downloadable guideline that includes current policies and procedures for cleaning, disinfection and sterilization of reusable equipment, instruments and the environment.
This tool is part of a larger toolkit the Oregon Patient Safety Commission created to guide ambulatory surgery centers through quality improvement efforts. The policy and procedures include a list of definitions, procedures for cleaning, disinfection and sterilization, methods of sterilization/disinfection and more.
Download the cleaning, disinfection and sterilization policy and procedures guideline (DOC) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Disinfection and Sterilization:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
The emotional impact of a medical errorRead Now
- ASCs on the radar of Florida Senate
- Data analytics education program to aid healthcare quality — 5 key notes
- Healthcare access improving in the United States: 4 things to know
- CMS proposes quality rating system to Medicaid, CHIP: 5 things to know
- Olympus sets aside $450M for expected settlement, EndoChoice launches IPO of 6.25M shares & more – 6 GI/endoscopy company key notes