Six Serious Medical Errors Reported in Indiana ASCs in 2011
Star Press report.
Of the 291 facilities required to submit data, a total of 100 events were reported — 94 of which occurred at hospitals. That's a decrease from 107 events reported last year.
The number of falls resulting in death or serious disability decreased from 17 events in 2010 to 12 events in 2011. The most reported event for 2011 was state 3 or 4 pressure ulcers.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
35 new cases of Ebola, says WHO: 5 things to know on latest outbreaksRead Now
- Anesthesia technology degree program comes to Illinois
- Thousands of patients see data stolen from New Jersey hospital: 6 things to know
- The emotional impact of a medical error
- 12 California hospitals pay $775k in penalties from California Department of Public Health
- The biggest issues facing orthopedic surgeons today