Six Serious Medical Errors Reported in Indiana ASCs in 2011
Of the 291 facilities required to submit data, a total of 100 events were reported — 94 of which occurred at hospitals. That's a decrease from 107 events reported last year.
The number of falls resulting in death or serious disability decreased from 17 events in 2010 to 12 events in 2011. The most reported event for 2011 was state 3 or 4 pressure ulcers.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Mindray launches product for increased visualization, needle detection in anesthesia: 3 notes
- Embarrassment may be to blame for underdiagnosis of GI conditions: 5 study insights
- Boston Scientific unveils Resolution 360 Clip; Fujifilm launches next generation endoscopy system & more: 3 GI company key notes
- GI leader to know: Dr. Thomas E. Trouillot of Colorado Gastroenterology
- 4 things to know about Kentucky's Graves Gilbert Clinic accreditation