Six Serious Medical Errors Reported in Indiana ASCs in 2011
Of the 291 facilities required to submit data, a total of 100 events were reported — 94 of which occurred at hospitals. That's a decrease from 107 events reported last year.
The number of falls resulting in death or serious disability decreased from 17 events in 2010 to 12 events in 2011. The most reported event for 2011 was state 3 or 4 pressure ulcers.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 6 things to know contaminated medical instruments
- Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists in Washington offers outpatient joint replacements: 5 key notes
- What ASC leaders need to know about Donald Trump's '2 for 1' executive order to cut regulations
- 7 things to know about MRSA
- GOP remains unified around 1 core healthcare element — Health savings accounts