Sample Wound Infection/Unexpected Outcome Report
As part of Lakeland (Fla.) Surgical & Diagnostic Center's efforts to comply with regulatory and reporting requirements, the ASC asks its physicians to report any unexpected patient outcomes and post-operative wound infections. It also asks about the type of treatment needed as the result of these outcomes.
Every month, physicians are sent a patient list of procedures performed and are asked to fill out a report that asks how many, if any, unexpected outcomes and would infections there were; for each unexpected patient outcome or post-operative wound infection, the physician is asked to full out an individual report about the incident.
Any unexpected outcomes or wound infections report to the ASC are investigated and results communicated to the center's Quality Improvement and Medical Advisory Committee.
To download a sample copy of the wound infection/unexpected outcome report sent to physicians, click here (doc).
Learn more about Lakeland Surgical & Diagnostic Center.
Download other sample forms for adaptation and use in your ASC:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Castle Connolly recognizes Dr. Semih Gungor as a top NY doctor: 4 things to know
- Penn State researchers develop care plan for Crohn's disease complications: 5 insights
- Study finds dietary fiber may reduce IBD flares: 5 insights
- Latest payer ACA departures further limit consumers' options — 5 takeaways
- Physicians Endoscopy appoints Guidon Partners Founder Greg Roth to board of directors following Kelso deal: 4 highlights