Sample Sterile Processing Department Testing and Load Form and QI Worksheet
Two of the documents Lakeland (Fla.) Surgical & Diagnostic Center uses which are related to sterile processing are a sterile processing department testing and load form and sterile processing department testing and load QI worksheet.
"We use these forms for two purposes," says Bobbie Kendrick, infection control officer for the LSDC Florida Avenue campus. "First is to document the validity of the processing. Secondly, should an infection ever occur, we need to investigate that the process was not implicated in the occurrence. These records have to be on-hand for surveyors as part of their observations."
To download a sample copy of the sterile processing department testing and load form you can adapt for use in your ASC, click here (doc). To download a sample copy of the sterile processing department testing and load QI worksheet, click here (xls).
Learn more about Lakeland Surgical & Diagnostic Center.
Download other sample forms for adaptation and use in your ASC:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 6 things to know contaminated medical instruments
- Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists in Washington offers outpatient joint replacements: 5 key notes
- What ASC leaders need to know about Donald Trump's '2 for 1' executive order to cut regulations
- 7 things to know about MRSA
- GOP remains unified around 1 core healthcare element — Health savings accounts