Sample Sterile Processing Department Testing and Load Form and QI Worksheet
Two of the documents Lakeland (Fla.) Surgical & Diagnostic Center uses which are related to sterile processing are a sterile processing department testing and load form and sterile processing department testing and load QI worksheet.
"We use these forms for two purposes," says Bobbie Kendrick, infection control officer for the LSDC Florida Avenue campus. "First is to document the validity of the processing. Secondly, should an infection ever occur, we need to investigate that the process was not implicated in the occurrence. These records have to be on-hand for surveyors as part of their observations."
To download a sample copy of the sterile processing department testing and load form you can adapt for use in your ASC, click here (doc). To download a sample copy of the sterile processing department testing and load QI worksheet, click here (xls).
Learn more about Lakeland Surgical & Diagnostic Center.
Download other sample forms for adaptation and use in your ASC:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
CMS ASC Quality Reporting could get 2 new measures — 5 things to knowRead Now
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Marla Dubinsky of Mount Sinai Hospital
- CMOSIS plans to open U.S. office
- Fischer Laser Eye Center among first to adopt topography-assisted LASEK procedure
- British Journal of Anaesthesia names Dr. Kane Pryor to associate editorial board
- Pivotal moments in GI: 4 gastroenterologists share the turning points of their career