Sample Infection Control Program Flow Chart
An effective ASC infection control program must be robust. It should involve many individuals at the ASC, from staff members all the way up through leadership. It must also include many different policies, procedures and protocols to address aspects of the program including surveillance, prevention, education and employee health.
To keep the many components of the program in order, Brainerd Lakes Surgery Center in Baxter, Minn., developed an infection control program flow chart. This chart was presented to the ASC's board and approved, and has become as an integral part of the program.
To download a sample version of the ASC's infection control program flow chart, provided by Sandy Berreth, administrator of the ASC and a AAAHC surveyor, for you to adapt for use in your ASC, click here (doc).
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
10 Things to Know About Infection ControlRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers