Sample Infection Control Information Sheet and Education Checklist for Physicians
CMS requires physicians to be included in infection control education, which is why Brainerd Lakes Surgery Center in Baxter, Minn., puts its physicians through infection control orientation.
The ASC then documents that the presentation of the information to the physicians occurred and has the physicians acknowledge by checklist and signature that they have received and understand the information. This signed checklist is then placed in each physician's credentialing file.
To download a sample infection control orientation outline and education checklist for physicians for adaptation and use in your ASC, provided by Sandy Berreth, administrator of Brainerd Lakes Surgery Center and a AAAHC surveyor, click here (doc).
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- C-arm for orthopedic surgery: Radiation exposure 'well within permissible limits'
- Medications, dietary supplements are a dangerous mixture — 3 things to know
- 10 initial steps following ASC medical errors
- FMT helps reduce recurring episodes of C. Diff in children: 4 findings
- GIQuIC registry hits 3M colonoscopy cases: 5 things to know