Sample Infection Control Information Sheet and Education Checklist for Physicians
CMS requires physicians to be included in infection control education, which is why Brainerd Lakes Surgery Center in Baxter, Minn., puts its physicians through infection control orientation.
The ASC then documents that the presentation of the information to the physicians occurred and has the physicians acknowledge by checklist and signature that they have received and understand the information. This signed checklist is then placed in each physician's credentialing file.
To download a sample infection control orientation outline and education checklist for physicians for adaptation and use in your ASC, provided by Sandy Berreth, administrator of Brainerd Lakes Surgery Center and a AAAHC surveyor, click here (doc).
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- The Future of ACOs for Anesthesiologists
- Healthcare Exchange Traded Funds See Biggest Boom in Years
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Off-Label Use Information Dissemination
- Surgical Care Affiliates President & CEO Andrew Hayek Among 2014 Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies