Sample Hand Hygiene Observation Record
To ensure its physicians and staff members in its ambulatory surgery centers follow proper hand hygiene guidelines, the Laser Spine Institute developed a hand hygiene observation record to track adherence to the hand rubbing and hand washing rules.
The form is for recording employee-type and then noting whether hands were rubbed/washed before patient contact and after contact with patient, equipment, environment, or removing gloves, and if gloves were worn when required.
The form is then used to determine percent adherence with hand rubbing/washing and glove-wearing.
To download a copy of this form you can adapt for use in your ASC, click here (pdf).
Source: Laser Spine Institute
Read about more valuable infection control and quality tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
5 tips for avoiding wrong-site surgeryRead Now
- The biggest stories in GI: 4 gastroenterologists look back at 2014
- The best defense: Anesthesiologist Dr. Stephen Punzak on the value of appropriate preop evaluations
- Total joints in action: 14 ASCs offering total knee replacement
- 10 key traits of innovative leaders
- St. Vincent Anderson Regional to open $26M surgical pavilion