Sample Hand Hygiene Observation Record
To ensure its physicians and staff members in its ambulatory surgery centers follow proper hand hygiene guidelines, the Laser Spine Institute developed a hand hygiene observation record to track adherence to the hand rubbing and hand washing rules.
The form is for recording employee-type and then noting whether hands were rubbed/washed before patient contact and after contact with patient, equipment, environment, or removing gloves, and if gloves were worn when required.
The form is then used to determine percent adherence with hand rubbing/washing and glove-wearing.
To download a copy of this form you can adapt for use in your ASC, click here (pdf).
Source: Laser Spine Institute
Read about more valuable infection control and quality tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Dr. Dolly Skeete joins Carolina Orthopedic & Sports Medicine: 5 key notes
- Big growth opportunities in the ASC space: Key thoughts from Nobilis Health Chairman Harry Fleming
- The changing principles of wound care
- Premiums go up, subsidized plan costs go down — 7 facts
- 5 key takeaways about the world's 1st Hepatitis D virus test