Sample Form for Documentation of Wound Infections
Whenever there is a wound infection at Lakeland (Fla.) Surgical & Diagnostic Center, the ASC conducts a thorough investigation of the incident and documents numerous pieces of information about the incident, treatment and patient characteristics.
Other pieces of information gathered include staff members involved in the case; whether implants were used and, if so, their type, lot number, serial number and expiration date; whether instruments used in the case were flash sterilized; and type of skin preparation used.
To download a sample copy of Lakeland's form used for investigation of wound infections you can adapt for use in your ASC, click here (doc).
Learn more about Lakeland Surgical & Diagnostic Center.
Download other sample forms for adaptation and use in your ASC:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- National Patient Safety Foundation updates Online Patient Safety Curriculum: 6 points
- Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin wants to transform state's Medicaid program: 7 things to know
- Cloud technology equips the healthcare industry in digital-focused world — 5 observations
- Dr. Wa Xian receives AGA funding for IBD stem cell research: 4 notes
- Vitality Biopharma announces new patent filing for IBD pain relief: 4 notes