Sample Form for Documentation of Wound Infections
Whenever there is a wound infection at Lakeland (Fla.) Surgical & Diagnostic Center, the ASC conducts a thorough investigation of the incident and documents numerous pieces of information about the incident, treatment and patient characteristics.
Other pieces of information gathered include staff members involved in the case; whether implants were used and, if so, their type, lot number, serial number and expiration date; whether instruments used in the case were flash sterilized; and type of skin preparation used.
To download a sample copy of Lakeland's form used for investigation of wound infections you can adapt for use in your ASC, click here (doc).
Learn more about Lakeland Surgical & Diagnostic Center.
Download other sample forms for adaptation and use in your ASC:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
12 California hospitals pay $775k in penalties from California Department of Public HealthRead Now
- Southeast Alabama Medical Center implements Plexus IS' anesthesia system — 4 things to know
- 31 GI physicians making headlines – May 26, 2015
- GI physician to know: Dr. Arvind Movva of Gastroenterology Consultants
- Bristol Hospital opens new outpatient orthopedic and spine center: 6 key notes
- Man diagnosed with Lassa fever dies in US: 7 things to know