Sample Form for Documentation of Wound Infections
Whenever there is a wound infection at Lakeland (Fla.) Surgical & Diagnostic Center, the ASC conducts a thorough investigation of the incident and documents numerous pieces of information about the incident, treatment and patient characteristics.
Other pieces of information gathered include staff members involved in the case; whether implants were used and, if so, their type, lot number, serial number and expiration date; whether instruments used in the case were flash sterilized; and type of skin preparation used.
To download a sample copy of Lakeland's form used for investigation of wound infections you can adapt for use in your ASC, click here (doc).
Learn more about Lakeland Surgical & Diagnostic Center.
Download other sample forms for adaptation and use in your ASC:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 7 things for ASC leaders to know for Thursday — May 5, 2016
- UnitedHealthcare now posts Healthgrades star ratings for each physician: 7 key notes
- Joint Commission: New tools for medical error prevention
- Mederi Therapeutics launches 3rd generation of Stretta, Boston Scientific reports Q1 2016 financials & more — 5 GI company key notes
- Gastroenterologist pay in the US, UK, Canada & Australia: 5 notes