Sample Form for Documentation of Wound Infections
Whenever there is a wound infection at Lakeland (Fla.) Surgical & Diagnostic Center, the ASC conducts a thorough investigation of the incident and documents numerous pieces of information about the incident, treatment and patient characteristics.
Other pieces of information gathered include staff members involved in the case; whether implants were used and, if so, their type, lot number, serial number and expiration date; whether instruments used in the case were flash sterilized; and type of skin preparation used.
To download a sample copy of Lakeland's form used for investigation of wound infections you can adapt for use in your ASC, click here (doc).
Learn more about Lakeland Surgical & Diagnostic Center.
Download other sample forms for adaptation and use in your ASC:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
QI projects at ASCs: What do they look like today?Read Now
- 3 things to know about the workplace generational gap
- 3 recently accredited ASCs
- Medical Facilities Corporation revenue up 5.5%: 5 3Q financial result insights
- Veteran reaches out to thank Oregon Outpatient Surgery Center
- Virginia Mason Medical Center gastroenterologists use Sedasys system for propofol delivery