Sample Form for Documentation of Wound Infections
Whenever there is a wound infection at Lakeland (Fla.) Surgical & Diagnostic Center, the ASC conducts a thorough investigation of the incident and documents numerous pieces of information about the incident, treatment and patient characteristics.
Other pieces of information gathered include staff members involved in the case; whether implants were used and, if so, their type, lot number, serial number and expiration date; whether instruments used in the case were flash sterilized; and type of skin preparation used.
To download a sample copy of Lakeland's form used for investigation of wound infections you can adapt for use in your ASC, click here (doc).
Learn more about Lakeland Surgical & Diagnostic Center.
Download other sample forms for adaptation and use in your ASC:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
ASCA Encourages AHRQ ASC Patient Safety Program ParticipationRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers