Sample ASC Infection Control Program Cleaning Checklists
Every ASC infection control program needs to monitor daily, weekly cleaning, monthly and quarterly cleaning, according to Sandy Berreth, administrator of Brainerd Lakes Surgery Center in Baxter, Minn., and a AAAHC surveyor.
The ASC uses several checklists to ensure this requirement is met. Each staff member of Brainerd Lakes Surgery Center is involved with cleaning, and each is responsible for documentation of their respective areas.
To download a sample version of the ASC's infection control program cleaning checklists, provided by Ms. Berreth, click here (spreadsheet). The many different checklists used by the ASC can be found by navigating the spreadsheet's tabs.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
Most-missed handwashing spots, tools and best practices: 3 must-readsRead Now
- Qui tam suits on the rise emphasizes need for ASC compliance plans
- To prevent patient leakage, turn to technology
- Real estate considerations for ASCs
- The Amazon.com for ASCs: Using collaborative consumption to improve the bottom line
- Lolo Jones shares lessons for overcoming failure at Becker's ASC Annual Meeting