Sample ASC Infection Control Program Cleaning Checklists
Every ASC infection control program needs to monitor daily, weekly cleaning, monthly and quarterly cleaning, according to Sandy Berreth, administrator of Brainerd Lakes Surgery Center in Baxter, Minn., and a AAAHC surveyor.
The ASC uses several checklists to ensure this requirement is met. Each staff member of Brainerd Lakes Surgery Center is involved with cleaning, and each is responsible for documentation of their respective areas.
To download a sample version of the ASC's infection control program cleaning checklists, provided by Ms. Berreth, click here (spreadsheet). The many different checklists used by the ASC can be found by navigating the spreadsheet's tabs.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
Kimberly-Clark Health Care introduces new surgical gownRead Now
- Buying in bulk, just in time purchasing, consignment: Which supply-ordering pattern is right for your ASC?
- 5 key ways to strengthen the surgeon-anesthesiologist relationship
- 10 Mayo Clinic innovations you probably don't know about
- The rise of employer-based insurance exchanges: 5 things to know
- 7 trends in employer health benefits