Rising surgical demand, increase in HAIs driving sepsis therapeutics market: 4 highlights
The sepsis therapeutics market is set to expand over the next several years, a Transparency Market Research report found, according to medGadget.
Here are four highlights:
1. North American leads the market due to a high incidence of sepsis and more public awareness about sepsis complications. Sepsis infected 1.16 million U.S. residents annually last year.
2. A growing incidence rate and increased sepsis research is fueling European growth.
3. Factors spurring expansion include a higher prevalence of hospital-acquired infections and an increasing surgical demand.
4. Companies operating in the market include:
● Altor BioScience Corp.
● Boehringer Ingelheim
● Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.
More articles on quality and infection control:
Theranos paying Arizona residents $4.65M, won't operate lab for two years: 4 key notes
WHO Surgical Safety Checklist reduces postsurgical deaths: 2 study insights
HAI control market to surpass $82.9B by 2020 at 8.5% CAGR: 5 key points
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Non-Medicaid expansion states could gain up to $27.9B in savings by expanding program: 4 takeaways
- Senate committee advances vote on Trump's FDA pick Dr. Scott Gottlieb
- GI leader to know: Dr. Michael Sagatelian of Palmetto Digestive Health Specialists
- Drs. Todd Baron & Kevin Collier: 2 GI physicians in the headlines
- New Century Spine and Outpatient Surgical Institute installs Indigo-Clean disinfecting lights