Patient Safety Tool: Sharps Safety Educational Brochure
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has created a free, downloadable brochure focusing on sharps safety.
The two-page brochure provides guidance to prevent sharps injuries, characteristics of facilities with fewer sharps injuries, statistics on the chances of injection from a contaminated sharps injury, safety devices for consideration and more.
Download the CDC brochure titled "Sharps Safety for Healthcare Professionals" (pdf).
Related Articles on Sharps Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- How Dr. Nirav Amin is using Exparel to improve patient outcomes and prevent opioid abuse
- Stryker courts ASCs with Ascential spine device, inventory management solution: 5 things to know
- GI leader to know: Dr. Russell Cohen of The University of Chicago Medicine
- NJ Association of Ambulatory Surgery Centers sends members to Capitol Hill in support of access to care bills: 3 takeaways
- Senior in home care start-up Hometeam names CMO: 4 takeaways