Patient Safety Tool: Sharps Safety Educational Brochure
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has created a free, downloadable brochure focusing on sharps safety.
The two-page brochure provides guidance to prevent sharps injuries, characteristics of facilities with fewer sharps injuries, statistics on the chances of injection from a contaminated sharps injury, safety devices for consideration and more.
Download the CDC brochure titled "Sharps Safety for Healthcare Professionals" (pdf).
Related Articles on Sharps Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies
- Reimbursement for Pain Management in the Coming Years
- ASC Industry Leader to Know: Ericca Vaca of in2itive
- Training in New Regional Anesthesia Techniques: Q&A With Dr. Gregory Hickman of Andrews Institute Ambulatory Surgery Center
- ASA Board of Directors Decides to Take No Position on SGR Repeal Bill