Patient Safety Tool: Sharps Safety Educational Brochure
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has created a free, downloadable brochure focusing on sharps safety.
The two-page brochure provides guidance to prevent sharps injuries, characteristics of facilities with fewer sharps injuries, statistics on the chances of injection from a contaminated sharps injury, safety devices for consideration and more.
Download the CDC brochure titled "Sharps Safety for Healthcare Professionals" (pdf).
Related Articles on Sharps Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 6 things to know contaminated medical instruments
- Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists in Washington offers outpatient joint replacements: 5 key notes
- What ASC leaders need to know about Donald Trump's '2 for 1' executive order to cut regulations
- 7 things to know about MRSA
- GOP remains unified around 1 core healthcare element — Health savings accounts