Patient Safety Tool: Sharps Safety Educational Brochure
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has created a free, downloadable brochure focusing on sharps safety.
The two-page brochure provides guidance to prevent sharps injuries, characteristics of facilities with fewer sharps injuries, statistics on the chances of injection from a contaminated sharps injury, safety devices for consideration and more.
Download the CDC brochure titled "Sharps Safety for Healthcare Professionals" (pdf).
Related Articles on Sharps Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Massachusetts of Public Health updates DON regulations for existing freestanding ASCs: 4 key notes
- Study: Capsule endoscopy test may prevent upper GI bleeding — 4 key notes
- Status quo is the biggest competitor for Dan Coholan
- 3 legislative changes for ASCs leaders to note — Jan. 20, 2017
- Drug-resistant tuberculosis alarms health officials — 4 notes