Patient Safety Tool: Sharps Safety Educational Brochure
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has created a free, downloadable brochure focusing on sharps safety.
The two-page brochure provides guidance to prevent sharps injuries, characteristics of facilities with fewer sharps injuries, statistics on the chances of injection from a contaminated sharps injury, safety devices for consideration and more.
Download the CDC brochure titled "Sharps Safety for Healthcare Professionals" (pdf).
Related Articles on Sharps Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Northstar Healthcare to Acquire Arizona Surgery Center for $460k
- President-Elect of Iowa ASC Associations Announces All State Surgery Centers Meet CMS Quality Requirements
- Gastroenterologist Compensation Across the US in 2012 vs. 2011: 18 Statistics
- 9 Statistics on Digestive Disease Care & Costs in the US
- Medication Reconciliation Improves with Pharmacist Intervention