Patient Safety Tool: SBAR Handoff Tool
The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses offers a free, downloadable communication tool designed to aid in safe patient hand-offs.
The SBAR hand-off communication tool reminds care givers to follow these four steps:
This document also outlines AACN standards for health work environments, including skilled communications, collaboration, appropriate staffing, effective decision making, meaningful recognition and leadership.
Download the SBAR hand-off communication tool (PDF) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
Are quality measures improving patient safety? 7 key notesRead Now
- Growing a healthcare IT company for ASCs — Key thoughts from Source Medical's Dr. James Coffin
- Are quality measures improving patient safety? 7 key notes
- National Surgical Centers of America earns AAAHC accreditation
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Joseph Kittinger of Wilmington Gastroenterology
- PPI therapy may increase risk of kidney injury in elderly