Patient Safety Tool: SBAR Handoff Tool
The SBAR hand-off communication tool reminds care givers to follow these four steps:
This document also outlines AACN standards for health work environments, including skilled communications, collaboration, appropriate staffing, effective decision making, meaningful recognition and leadership.
Download the SBAR hand-off communication tool (PDF) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
University of Southampton to conduct study on nurse staffing: 5 things to knowRead Now
- Fracture fragility programs help hospitals meet the triple aim for challenging patients
- Tatas working on digital health and wellness platforms — 6 notes
- University of Southampton to conduct study on nurse staffing: 5 things to know
- 11 things to know about ASC quality reporting
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Phillip Toskes of University of Florida