Patient Safety Tool: SBAR Handoff Tool
The SBAR hand-off communication tool reminds care givers to follow these four steps:
This document also outlines AACN standards for health work environments, including skilled communications, collaboration, appropriate staffing, effective decision making, meaningful recognition and leadership.
Download the SBAR hand-off communication tool (PDF) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 4 GI payment updates to know
- Merritt Healthcare advises North Dakota Surgery Center on the sale of a majority interest to by Surgery Partners
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Steve Venturatos of Metropolitan Gastroenterology Associates
- 5 GI physicians on the move – Feb. 10, 2016
- Number of uninsured spikes: 5 states