Patient Safety Tool: Roadmap to a Comprehensive Falls Prevention Program
The roadmap is based on the work of the Veterans Integrated Service Network 8 Patient Safety Center and Minnesota Adverse Health Event Learnings. The roadmap uses the phrase "SAFE from FALLS" as a framework for providing best practices around fall prevention. For example, the "S" in "SAFE" stands for "Safety coordination — Falls Prevention Program" and the "A" stands for "Accurate and concurrent reporting." Each letter includes specific actions healthcare organizations can take to follow best practices.
Download the comprehensive falls prevention program roadmap for use in your own facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 400 reports that link to free downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
More Articles on Patient Safety:7 Guiding Themes to Advance Safety of Medical Device Interoperability
Buffalo VA Medical Center Reports Insulin Pens Were Reused
Joint Commission Proposes Alarm Management National Patient Safety Goal
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
Pre-surgery MRSA decontamination drives down SSI rate in elective orthopedic procedures — 5 key notesRead Now
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Bergein Overholt of Gastrointestinal Associates
- 13 GI physicians making headlines – May 26, 2015
- DDW highlights: 3 GI physicians on what excited them most
- Dr. Lawrence Lavine travels to Guatemala on medical mission trip — 4 quick facts
- Pre-surgery MRSA decontamination drives down SSI rate in elective orthopedic procedures — 5 key notes