Patient Safety Tool: Pressure Ulcer Pocket Card
The Oregon IHI Network and the Oregon leadership of the Advancing Excellence in America's Nursing Homes campaign formed a Joint Committee to plan and develop cross-setting interventions for transitional care, with an initial focus on pressure ulcers. One of the resources that has come out of this effort was the development of a free, downloadable pressure ulcer pocket card.
The two-sided card provides images of proper positioning, positioning tips, images of pressure points and daily care tips.
It was adapted from materials developed by Colorado Foundation for Medical Care and Kansas Foundation for Medical Care.
Download the pressure ulcer pocket card (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Pressure Ulcers:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Cigna, Cigna Foundation work to enhance care for critically ill patients: 5 things to know
- Plexus' Anesthesia Touch becomes first mobile AIMS solution: 3 thoughts
- Study suggests effectiveness of donor fecal microbiota transplantation: 5 insights
- What were the most expensive and most commonly prescribed Medicare Part D Drugs in 2014?
- Elderly patients who undergo IBD surgery show high mortality, complication rates: 4 insights