Patient Safety Tool: Pressure Ulcer Pocket Card
The Oregon IHI Network and the Oregon leadership of the Advancing Excellence in America's Nursing Homes campaign formed a Joint Committee to plan and develop cross-setting interventions for transitional care, with an initial focus on pressure ulcers. One of the resources that has come out of this effort was the development of a free, downloadable pressure ulcer pocket card.
The two-sided card provides images of proper positioning, positioning tips, images of pressure points and daily care tips.
It was adapted from materials developed by Colorado Foundation for Medical Care and Kansas Foundation for Medical Care.
Download the pressure ulcer pocket card (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Pressure Ulcers:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
QI projects at ASCs: What do they look like today?Read Now
- Consumer and clinician opinions on big data, telehealth and mHealth: 8 things to know
- Innovation's moral quandary: When am I obligated to reinvent the wheel?
- House Republicans sue Obama administration over PPACA: 5 things to know
- Just 1% of organizations will eliminate healthcare coverage, survey finds
- DOJ recovers $2.3B in healthcare False Claims Act cases in FY 2014