Patient Safety Tool: PowerPoint Education on Plain Language
Plain Language offers a free, downloadable PowerPoint presentation on the importance of plain language in healthcare and how to improve plain language in practice.
Although the presentation was created in response to recently passed regulation that required use of plain language by executive agencies, these principles may be applied to the healthcare arena. The presentation covers a variety of topics, including the elements of plain language, myths surrounding plain language, how to craft your documents and forms with plain language and more.
Download the PowerPoint presentation on plain language for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Health Literacy:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About