Patient Safety Tool: PowerPoint Education on Plain Language
Plain Language offers a free, downloadable PowerPoint presentation on the importance of plain language in healthcare and how to improve plain language in practice.
Although the presentation was created in response to recently passed regulation that required use of plain language by executive agencies, these principles may be applied to the healthcare arena. The presentation covers a variety of topics, including the elements of plain language, myths surrounding plain language, how to craft your documents and forms with plain language and more.
Download the PowerPoint presentation on plain language for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Health Literacy:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
AAOS selects Medline Industries as distribution partnerRead Now
- Succeed as a new manager: 5 tips
- How to turn ASC staffing from a cost-center into a value center — 8 key steps
- Healthcare services M&A: 10 key trends
- AAOS selects Medline Industries as distribution partner
- Did the ASC industry end the year with a bang or a bust? 50 things to know about 4Q, year-end financial results