Patient Safety Tool: Oregon Safe Surgery Checklist
The Oregon Patient Safety Commission offers a free, downloadable safe surgery checklist to help ensure the correct surgery at the correct site on the correct patient.
The checklist is modeled after the World Health Organization's surgical safety checklist and covers steps that must be taken before induction of anesthesia, before skin incision and before the patient leaves the room.
Download the safe surgery checklist (DOC) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Safe Surgery:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
QI projects at ASCs: What do they look like today?Read Now
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting