Patient Safety Tool: Oregon Safe Surgery Checklist
The Oregon Patient Safety Commission offers a free, downloadable safe surgery checklist to help ensure the correct surgery at the correct site on the correct patient.
The checklist is modeled after the World Health Organization's surgical safety checklist and covers steps that must be taken before induction of anesthesia, before skin incision and before the patient leaves the room.
Download the safe surgery checklist (DOC) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Safe Surgery:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 5 Areas That Trip Up ASCs During Accreditation Evaluations
- CMS Loosens Medicaid Enrollment Process
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- Joint Commission Appoints Mark Pelletier COO, Division of Accreditation, Certification
- Johns Hopkins: Blood Transfusions Overused During Surgery