Patient Safety Tool: Oregon Safe Surgery Checklist
The Oregon Patient Safety Commission offers a free, downloadable safe surgery checklist to help ensure the correct surgery at the correct site on the correct patient.
The checklist is modeled after the World Health Organization's surgical safety checklist and covers steps that must be taken before induction of anesthesia, before skin incision and before the patient leaves the room.
Download the safe surgery checklist (DOC) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Safe Surgery:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
The Joint Commission: 10 most frequently identified root causes of sentinel eventsRead Now
- Growing a healthcare IT company for ASCs — Key thoughts from Source Medical's Dr. James Coffin
- Are quality measures improving patient safety? 7 key notes
- National Surgical Centers of America earns AAAHC accreditation
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Joseph Kittinger of Wilmington Gastroenterology
- PPI therapy may increase risk of kidney injury in elderly