Patient Safety Tool: Oregon Safe Surgery Checklist
The Oregon Patient Safety Commission offers a free, downloadable safe surgery checklist to help ensure the correct surgery at the correct site on the correct patient.
The checklist is modeled after the World Health Organization's surgical safety checklist and covers steps that must be taken before induction of anesthesia, before skin incision and before the patient leaves the room.
Download the safe surgery checklist (DOC) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Safe Surgery:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
Does insurance status affect quality of patient care?Read Now
- 4 healthcare real estate investments to consider
- Value-based modifiers: 33% of large physician groups face 2015 penalties
- PGM Billing launches free ICD-10 code conversion tool
- DISC Sports & Spine Center to launch hip arthroscopy center of excellence: 4 things to know
- Researchers develop new chronic pain scoring system