Patient Safety Tool: Oregon Safe Surgery Checklist
The Oregon Patient Safety Commission offers a free, downloadable safe surgery checklist to help ensure the correct surgery at the correct site on the correct patient.
The checklist is modeled after the World Health Organization's surgical safety checklist and covers steps that must be taken before induction of anesthesia, before skin incision and before the patient leaves the room.
Download the safe surgery checklist (DOC) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Safe Surgery:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
Stop Ebola: How an IT update can make a difference at your ASCRead Now
- 7 things for ASC leaders to know for Thursday – Oct. 23, 2014
- Are big spine surgeries headed outpatient? For this ASC, it's already there
- Global market for anesthetic & respiratory devices to reach $19.6B by 2018
- 8 ways to handle difficult people
- SEC issues first-ever guidance for privately held company M&A