Patient Safety Tool: Nutrition Toolkit for Healthcare Providers
The Alliance to Advance Patient Nutrition offers a free nutrition care model and toolkit to improve patient outcomes and prevent avoidable readmissions through better nutritional support of patients.
The model includes three principles in each of two categories: principles to transform the hospital environment and principles to guide clinician action. The toolkit provides resources, such as fact sheets and educational tools, to help healthcare providers follow these principles.
Principles to transform the hospital environment
1. Create institutional culture.
2. Redefine clinicians' roles to include nutrition.
3. Communicate nutrition care plans.
Principles to guide clinician action
1. Recognize and diagnose all patients at risk.
2. Rapidly implement interventions and continued monitoring.
3. Develop discharge nutrition care and education plan.
Download the nutrition care model and toolkit for use in your own facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 400 reports that link to free downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
More Articles on Nutrition:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Republicans pull AHCA: 7 key notes
- The out-of-network co-pay conundrum – To waive or not to waive ... And how?
- Mobile apps equally effective as in-person visit following ambulatory surgery: 4 things to know
- Ambulatory services market to increase at 6% CAGR through 2024: 5 notes
- Dr. Cheryl Pegus: 5 strategies to becoming a physician leader