Patient Safety Tool: My 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene Poster
The "My 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene" approach defines the key moments when healthcare workers should perform hand hygiene, according to the World Health Organization.
This evidence-based, field-tested, user-centered approach is designed to be easy to learn, logical and applicable in a wide range of settings.
This approach recommends healthcare workers to clean their hands
- before touching a patient;
- before clean/aseptic procedures;
- after body fluid exposure/risk;
- after touching a patient; and
- after touching patient surroundings.
To download a poster created by the WHO explaining the "My 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene" approach to display at your facility, click here (pdf).
Related Articles on Hand Hygiene:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- CMS update to emergency preparedness includes 5 updated areas for ASCs
- North Carolina gastroenterology groups merge: 4 key notes
- 7 things for ASC leaders to know for Monday — Jan. 23, 2017
- GI leader to know: Dr. Eduardo B.V. da Silveira of San Jose Gastroenterology
- 5 things to know about Pres. Trump's executive order addressing the ACA