Patient Safety Tool: My 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene Poster
The "My 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene" approach defines the key moments when healthcare workers should perform hand hygiene, according to the World Health Organization.
This evidence-based, field-tested, user-centered approach is designed to be easy to learn, logical and applicable in a wide range of settings.
This approach recommends healthcare workers to clean their hands
- before touching a patient;
- before clean/aseptic procedures;
- after body fluid exposure/risk;
- after touching a patient; and
- after touching patient surroundings.
To download a poster created by the WHO explaining the "My 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene" approach to display at your facility, click here (pdf).
Related Articles on Hand Hygiene:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
Top 10 Patient Safety Tools, March 31 to April 4: ASCRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers