Patient Safety Tool: My 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene Poster
The "My 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene" approach defines the key moments when healthcare workers should perform hand hygiene, according to the World Health Organization.
This evidence-based, field-tested, user-centered approach is designed to be easy to learn, logical and applicable in a wide range of settings.
This approach recommends healthcare workers to clean their hands
- before touching a patient;
- before clean/aseptic procedures;
- after body fluid exposure/risk;
- after touching a patient; and
- after touching patient surroundings.
To download a poster created by the WHO explaining the "My 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene" approach to display at your facility, click here (pdf).
Related Articles on Hand Hygiene:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
ASC QI project success: The 4 'E's that drive process standardizationRead Now
- 5 fresh ideas for differentiating your ASC
- 5 recent ASC industry acquisitions
- Physician employment vs. private practice: 14 statistics on pay, satisfaction & more
- BCBSA report: Hip, knee replacement billing can vary widely in the same market
- The Surgery Center of Genesee County achieves accreditation