Patient Safety Tool: My 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene Poster
The "My 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene" approach defines the key moments when healthcare workers should perform hand hygiene, according to the World Health Organization.
This evidence-based, field-tested, user-centered approach is designed to be easy to learn, logical and applicable in a wide range of settings.
This approach recommends healthcare workers to clean their hands
- before touching a patient;
- before clean/aseptic procedures;
- after body fluid exposure/risk;
- after touching a patient; and
- after touching patient surroundings.
To download a poster created by the WHO explaining the "My 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene" approach to display at your facility, click here (pdf).
Related Articles on Hand Hygiene:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
Are quality measures improving patient safety? 7 key notesRead Now
- Lone Star Endoscopy Center underwent successful accreditation survey
- 6 legislative changes impacting ASCs — April 21, 2015
- Improve work-life balance — 7 tips
- How to use the 4 pillars of ASC lean staffing without sacrificing your A-team employees
- Healthcare reform: An expensive failure? Q&A with Dr. Stanley Feld