Patient Safety Tool: Medical Waste Management Checklist
The checklist is designed to help healthcare providers build a medical waste management plan that ensures safety and incorporates compliance to state law. The checklist covers basic facility information, containment and storage information, limited quantity hauling exemption information, common storage facility information, treatment information, steam sterilization and incineration.
Download the medical waste management checklist (pdf) for use in your own facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
More Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
Patient safety tool: AHIMA, AHDI's QA program implementation resource kitRead Now
- Crozer-Keystone ASC acquisition boosts surgical volume 19%: Why hospitals & health systems want in on the ASC industry
- Scottish Rite Hospital for Children to build ASC
- New ACG clinical guidelines: Focal liver lesions
- IMA Endoscopy SurgiCenter recognized for contributions to GERD care
- MEDARVA Stony Point Surgery Center performs 30 free colonoscopies for patients in need