Patient Safety Tool: Medical Waste Management Checklist
The checklist is designed to help healthcare providers build a medical waste management plan that ensures safety and incorporates compliance to state law. The checklist covers basic facility information, containment and storage information, limited quantity hauling exemption information, common storage facility information, treatment information, steam sterilization and incineration.
Download the medical waste management checklist (pdf) for use in your own facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
More Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
The importance of improving pain management in ASCs providing higher acuity proceduresRead Now
- Pain physicians - Beware of your CPA's advice on asset protection: The advice you get may be inaccurate
- President Barack Obama using Oregon Trail to drum-up young health insurance enrollees
- AAAHC accredits the Illinois University Student Health Services
- 15 statistics on ASC hours per case
- ASC by the numbers: 13 statistics