Patient Safety Tool: Medical Waste Management Checklist
The checklist is designed to help healthcare providers build a medical waste management plan that ensures safety and incorporates compliance to state law. The checklist covers basic facility information, containment and storage information, limited quantity hauling exemption information, common storage facility information, treatment information, steam sterilization and incineration.
Download the medical waste management checklist (pdf) for use in your own facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
More Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
5 tips for avoiding wrong-site surgeryRead Now
- Medicare inspections & survey readiness: Key concepts for success
- Streamlining the Life Safety Code® Survey
- International Anesthesia Research Society to issue $1.3M+ in research awards in 2015
- Top 10 common physician credentialing mistakes ASCs make
- Financial leadership playbook: The essential skills for a CFO in gastroenterology