Patient Safety Tool: Medical Waste Management Checklist
The checklist is designed to help healthcare providers build a medical waste management plan that ensures safety and incorporates compliance to state law. The checklist covers basic facility information, containment and storage information, limited quantity hauling exemption information, common storage facility information, treatment information, steam sterilization and incineration.
Download the medical waste management checklist (pdf) for use in your own facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
More Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- AAAHC: 3 Steps for Effective Implementation of Checklists in ASCs
- NAPA's Dr. Linda Shore-Lesserson to Speak at New York State Society of Anesthesiologist Event
- ASA President Dr. Jane Fitch Meets With VA Representatives on Proposed Nursing Handbook
- Vision-Sciences Names Howard Zauberman CEO
- MediTech Strategic Consultants B.V. Changes Names to Medpace Medical Device B.V.