Patient Safety Tool: Infection Control Assessment Tool for Hospitals
The U.S. Agency for International Development offers a free, downloadable infection control assessment tool for healthcare organizations.
The 33-page tool was crafted by a number of healthcare organizations, including Harvard Medical School, the Institute for Healthcare Improvement, Mayo Clinic, Uganda Ministry of Health and the University of the Philippines.
The tool is intended to help hospitals assess the efficiency and adequacy of existing infection control programs and also offers recommendations for improvement. The tool is comprised of 21 modules that focus on a particular infection control topic or hospital unit.
Download the infection control assessment tool (PDF) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Infection Control:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
QI projects at ASCs: What do they look like today?Read Now
- Consumer and clinician opinions on big data, telehealth and mHealth: 8 things to know
- Innovation's moral quandary: When am I obligated to reinvent the wheel?
- House Republicans sue Obama administration over PPACA: 5 things to know
- Just 1% of organizations will eliminate healthcare coverage, survey finds
- DOJ recovers $2.3B in healthcare False Claims Act cases in FY 2014