Patient Safety Tool: IHI Global Trigger Tool
The Institute for Healthcare Improvement updated and released its second edition of the global trigger tool.
The global trigger tool can be used to measure the frequency of adverse events and determine whether quality improvement efforts have reduced the risk of patient harm. The link below includes steps to implement the global trigger tool, training, tips for leadership and real accounts of the tool used in other healthcare organizations.
Download the IHI global trigger tool (PDF) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
More Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 4 Leadership Lessons From One of Healthcare's Most Powerful Women
- Dr. Frank Gerratana Wins 2013 Orthopaedist of the Year Award by The Connecticut Orthopaedic Society
- Dr. Joseph Barmakian Earns Physician Excellence Award for Orthopedics
- The Pain Center of Arizona Receives Phoenix Award From U.S. Commerce Association
- AbbVie, Galapagos Partner to Test Possible Chrohn's Disease Drug