Patient Safety Tool: Healthcare Teamwork and Communication Toolkit
Denver Health Medical Center offers a free toolkit on improving patient safety through teamwork and communication.
The toolkit includes an education guide to teach clinicians about communication and teamwork in clinical practice. It has teaching resources, such as a PowerPoint presentation, and education concepts, such as structured communication. The toolkit also features communication tools for multidisciplinary rounding, huddles and rapid response and escalation.
The toolkit is based on a Denver Health Medical Center project called "Improving Patient Safety through Provider Communication Strategy Enhancements," funded by an Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Partnerships in Implementing Patient Safety grant from 2005 to 2007.
Download the teamwork and communication toolkit for use in your own facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 400 reports that link to free downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations.
More Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
CMS Delays Quality Reporting Measure ASC-11 ImplementationRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers