Patient Safety Tool: Handwashing Statistics Poster
The Massachusetts Office of Health and Human Services provides a free, downloadable poster encouraging handwashing by displaying statistics relating to foodborne illnesses.
The poster encourages viewers to "wash your hands" (presented in four languages) and notes that every year in the United States, foodborne illnesses cause 76 million people to get diarrhea and upset stomachs, 325,000 people to be hospitalized and 5,000 unnecessary deaths.
Download the handwashing statistics poster (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 175 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Hand Hygiene:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
10 Things to Know About Infection ControlRead Now
- "Joining an ACO, Being Employed by the Hospital, Immediate Benefits and Drawbacks and Long Term Prospects for the Spine Surgeon"
- ASC Payer Trends: Evolving Market Creates Opportunities for ASCs
- 4 Recent GI-Driven Center Openings & Technology Acquisitions
- CASA Welcomes 9 New Surgery Center Members
- Beverly Hills Surgery Center Hosts 1st Single-Site Robotic Hysterectomy in LA