Patient Safety Tool: Handwashing Statistics Poster
The Massachusetts Office of Health and Human Services provides a free, downloadable poster encouraging handwashing by displaying statistics relating to foodborne illnesses.
The poster encourages viewers to "wash your hands" (presented in four languages) and notes that every year in the United States, foodborne illnesses cause 76 million people to get diarrhea and upset stomachs, 325,000 people to be hospitalized and 5,000 unnecessary deaths.
Download the handwashing statistics poster (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 175 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Hand Hygiene:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 5 statistics on ASC administrator, staff salaries
- 4 California surgical facilities get AAAHC accreditation
- Private plans don't cut it — Why chronically ill patients seek traditional Medicare
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia opens Brandywine Valley Specialty Care and ASC: 5 things to know
- Striking out Ebola: Tufts University biophysicist receives $1.5M grant for vaccine development