Patient Safety Tool: Handwashing Statistics Poster
The Massachusetts Office of Health and Human Services provides a free, downloadable poster encouraging handwashing by displaying statistics relating to foodborne illnesses.
The poster encourages viewers to "wash your hands" (presented in four languages) and notes that every year in the United States, foodborne illnesses cause 76 million people to get diarrhea and upset stomachs, 325,000 people to be hospitalized and 5,000 unnecessary deaths.
Download the handwashing statistics poster (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 175 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Hand Hygiene:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- UnitedHealthcare now posts Healthgrades star ratings for each physician: 7 key notes
- Joint Commission: New tools for medical error prevention
- Mederi Therapeutics launches 3rd generation of Stretta, Boston Scientific reports Q1 2016 financials & more — 5 GI company key notes
- Gastroenterologist pay in the US, UK, Canada & Australia: 5 notes
- Seres Therapeutics signs research agreements to support development of microbiome therapy for IBD: 3 points