Patient Safety Tool: HAI Prevention Program Roadmap
The Minnesota-based Collaborative Healthcare-Associated Infection Network offers a free "Road Map to a Comprehensive Healthcare-Associated Infection Prevention Program."
The roadmap, published in 2012, includes evidence-based guidelines for Minnesota hospitals developing an HAI prevention program. The guide focuses on the following HAIs: catheter-associated urinary tract infections, central line-associated bloodstream infections, surgical site infections and Clostridium difficile infections.
Download the HAI prevention program roadmap for use in your own facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 400 reports that link to free downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations.
More Articles on HAIs:
Patient Safety First, California HAI Reduction Campaign, Saves Thousands of Lives, Millions of Dollars
Study: Infected Patients Want Multidrug-Resistant Organism Education
Data Sharing Practices Influence Spread of VRE Among Hospitals, Study Finds
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
UI Health Care to invest $100M for research funding: 5 key notesRead Now
- Immunotherapy may extend pancreatic cancer patient survival: 6 key notes
- WAMC Gastrointestinal Endoscopy unit receives recognition for excellence: 5 key notes
- Woman wins $1.5M in verdict after Bloomsburg University Nurse Anesthesia Program dismissal
- 4 things to know about rising rates of chlorine-resistant parasite
- Drew Memorial Hospital discuss plans for new surgery center project: 5 key notes