Patient Safety Tool: HAI Prevention Program Roadmap
The Minnesota-based Collaborative Healthcare-Associated Infection Network offers a free "Road Map to a Comprehensive Healthcare-Associated Infection Prevention Program."
The roadmap, published in 2012, includes evidence-based guidelines for Minnesota hospitals developing an HAI prevention program. The guide focuses on the following HAIs: catheter-associated urinary tract infections, central line-associated bloodstream infections, surgical site infections and Clostridium difficile infections.
Download the HAI prevention program roadmap for use in your own facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 400 reports that link to free downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations.
More Articles on HAIs:
Patient Safety First, California HAI Reduction Campaign, Saves Thousands of Lives, Millions of Dollars
Study: Infected Patients Want Multidrug-Resistant Organism Education
Data Sharing Practices Influence Spread of VRE Among Hospitals, Study Finds
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Drs. Rusha Modi, Steven M. Schwarz & more — 3 GI physicians in the headlines
- CVS' Adrenaclick® auto-injector to hit the market
- Trump's take on pharmaceutical companies: 'Getting away with murder'
- GI leader to know: Dr. Shekhar Challa of Kansas Medical Clinic
- Surgeons rank as #1 highest-paying job in these 16 states