Patient Safety Tool: Guidelines and Procedures for Surgical Site Infections
According to the CDC, a successful surveillance program includes the use of epidemiologically sound infection definitions, effective surveillance and reporting methods, stratification of SSI rates according to risk factors associated with SSI development and data feedback to surgeons.
The CDC document includes guidelines and procedures for monitoring SSI according to various surgical procedures.
To download the document, click here (pdf).
Download other patient safety-related tools and resources:
- Patient Safety Tool: FDA and ISMP Lists of Look-Alike Drug Names With Recommended Tall Man Letters
- Surgical Safety Checklist and Toolkit for Download from BCBS
- Sample Infection Control Risk Assessment
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
11 things to know about ASC quality reportingRead Now
- Fracture fragility programs help hospitals meet the triple aim for challenging patients
- Tatas working on digital health and wellness platforms — 6 notes
- University of Southampton to conduct study on nurse staffing: 5 things to know
- 11 things to know about ASC quality reporting
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Phillip Toskes of University of Florida