Patient Safety Tool: Guidelines and Procedures for Surgical Site Infections
According to the CDC, a successful surveillance program includes the use of epidemiologically sound infection definitions, effective surveillance and reporting methods, stratification of SSI rates according to risk factors associated with SSI development and data feedback to surgeons.
The CDC document includes guidelines and procedures for monitoring SSI according to various surgical procedures.
To download the document, click here (pdf).
Download other patient safety-related tools and resources:
- Patient Safety Tool: FDA and ISMP Lists of Look-Alike Drug Names With Recommended Tall Man Letters
- Surgical Safety Checklist and Toolkit for Download from BCBS
- Sample Infection Control Risk Assessment
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Participants race to increase colon cancer awareness during 2017 Greater Chattanooga Rump Run 5K and Fun Walk: 4 takeaways
- US woman dies from superbug resistant to 26 antibiotics — 8 things to know
- Healthcare nanotechnology market to grow at a CAGR above 12% till 2024
- American Anesthesiology to exhibit at ASA's Practice Management 2017: 3 things to know
- Gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumor patients utilize combination therapy: 5 study insights