Patient Safety Tool: Guidelines and Procedures for Surgical Site Infections
According to the CDC, a successful surveillance program includes the use of epidemiologically sound infection definitions, effective surveillance and reporting methods, stratification of SSI rates according to risk factors associated with SSI development and data feedback to surgeons.
The CDC document includes guidelines and procedures for monitoring SSI according to various surgical procedures.
To download the document, click here (pdf).
Download other patient safety-related tools and resources:
- Patient Safety Tool: FDA and ISMP Lists of Look-Alike Drug Names With Recommended Tall Man Letters
- Surgical Safety Checklist and Toolkit for Download from BCBS
- Sample Infection Control Risk Assessment
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
5 facts on new test able to detect infectious diseaseRead Now
- Yankton Medical Clinic ASC gets accreditation
- 11 GI/endoscopy center opening, plans & acquisitions in 2015
- 5 facts on new test able to detect infectious disease
- The next great leap forward: What gastroenterologists hope for the future of their specialty
- 6 things to know about anaesthetists advocating to end 'nil of mouth' rule