Patient Safety Tool: Endoscope Reprocessing Competency Worksheet
William A. Rutala, PhD, MPH, professor of infectious diseases at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine, offers a free, downloadable form to measure professionals' competency on endoscope reprocessing.
The form covers a wide range of competencies, including proper donning of personal protective equipment and demonstration of proper knowledge of cleaning and disinfecting solutions, labels and handling of biopsy forceps and other instrumentation.
Download the endoscope reprocessing competency worksheet for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Sterile Reprocessing:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers
- Co-Management Verses Bundled Payment — Are These Alignment Strategies Mutually Exclusive?