Patient Safety Tool: APIC's Guide to the Elimination of Orthopedic Surgical SSIs
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology published its free "Guide to the Elimination of Orthopedic Surgical Site Infections" in 2010.
The 80-page guide, developed in collaboration with AORN, provides tools, strategies and resources for infection preventionists, care providers, surgical staff and quality improvement teams to use in their efforts to eliminate SSIs in orthopedic surgery.
It covers many areas including:
- outcome reports;
- Surgical Care Improvement Project (SCIP) and CMS value-based purchasing;
- preoperative preparation;
- postoperative period; and
- future trends.
Download the "Guide to the Elimination of Orthopedic Surgical Site Infections" (pdf).
Learn more about this and other APIC Elimination Guides.
More Articles Featuring APIC:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
CMS launches certification number look-up toolRead Now
- Board-administrator relationship is important: Q&A with Longmont Surgery Center's Angie Blankinship
- Health Net allows knee, hip replacement in select California ASCs
- Dr. John T. Moor featured in hip replacement article
- Unique Pharmaceuticals issues 100+ product recall for ASCs, hospitals
- Surgery Center of Oklahoma procedures save $600k for Oklahoma County government